· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Nutty Butty Biscuits
These peanut-shaped biscuits are fun and easy to make - sandwiched together with a creamy peanut filling.
- 110g butter
- 175g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 200g Proper Nutty peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- For the peanut buttercream filling:
- 50g butter
- 110g icing sugar
- 50g Proper Nutty peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp milk (if necessary)
- Cream together butter & sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg, peanut butter & vanilla extract.
- Mix together flour & baking powder then gradually add, beating well to combine.
- Form dough into 1” balls & roll into a log shape.
- Pinch each log in the middle, place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Flatten logs to 1cm thick with a fork, in a criss-cross pattern resulting in a peanut shape.
- Bake at 180°C (160°C fan) for 10-12 mins, until lightly golden.
- Leave on baking tray to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack.
- To make the filling, beat ingredients together adding milk if necessary.
- Spread filling onto flat side of biscuit and sandwich together with another biscuit.