· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Peanut Butter and Banana Vegan Pancakes
- 50g Proper Nutty peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract (optional)
- 100g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150ml oat milk (or other plant milk)
- Vegetable oil (for cooking)
- Mash the banana in a bowl using a fork and then mix in peanut butter, maple syrup & vanilla extract.
- Mix together the plain flour & baking powder and add to the bowl.
- Gradually add the milk, mixing until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Heat a frying pan with a little vegetable oil and spoon in the batter - about 2 tablespoons per pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear and then flip and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with toppings of your choice, we like ours topped with more Proper Nutty peanut butter, some fruit and a little drizzle of maple syrup!
Makes 5-6 pancakes.