· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
This indulgent and impressive dessert is perfect for a special occasion!
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 30g Proper Nutty peanut butter
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 50g butter
- 500g cream cheese
- 5 medium eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 125g sour cream
- 250g Proper Nutty peanut butter
- 250g sour cream
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 30g light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (160°C fan).
- Blitz the ingredients for the base in a food processor until they look like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Press firmly (but not too hard) into the bottom of a 23cm / 9inch springform tin lined with a circle of greaseproof paper, press up the sides just a little and put into the fridge while you make the filling.
- Put the ingredients for the filling into the food processor and whizz to combine.
- Pour the filling onto the base and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven while you make the topping.
- Warm the topping ingredients gently in a small saucepan, stirring continuously, then spoon over the top of the cheesecake and put it back in the oven for a final 10 minutes
- Once out of the oven, let the cheesecake cool in its tin and then cover and put into the fridge overnight.
- Before serving, take it out of the fridge to take the chill off as this will make it easier to remove from the tin.
Cooks tip: Put the base of the springform tin in upside down as this gives a completely flat surface and makes removing the cheesecake easier!