· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Makes approx. 1 pint, you can double up on the quantities if your ice cream maker has enough capacity. NB. This recipe contains raw egg
- 1 medium egg
- 75g caster sugar
- 250ml double cream
- 125ml milk
- 75g Proper Nutty Peanut Butter
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the sugar a little at a time and then whisk for another minute until completely blended.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk again to blend.
- Take some of this mixture and whisk in the peanut butter before adding it back to the cream base and mixing it all together.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a plastic container with a tight fitting lid and place in the freezer. After 30 mins remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture – scraping it from the sides and into the centre. Return the container to the freezer and repeat this whisking/scraping every 30 mins until the mixture is evenly frozen – it may take 2-3 hours. This intermittent mixing ensures that large ice crystals are broken up, smaller ice crystals will result in a smoother ice cream!