· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Vegan & gluten-free peanut butter shortbread cookies
These are delicate, crumbly little cookies that just melt in the mouth!
- 160g Proper Nutty peanut butter (add ¼ teaspoon salt if using Nowt but Nuts!)
- 15g coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g ground almonds
- Put all of the ingredients except for the ground almonds in a bowl and mix well with a fork, then stir in the ground almonds.
- Put the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 160°(140°C fan).
- Scoop the dough 1 tablespoon at a time and shape into a rough ball. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and press down on each one gently with the back of a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 mins until the edges just start to brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tray – they will be more fragile whilst warm.
Makes approx. 18 cookies