· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These cookies are crisp on the outside and delightfully chewy in the middle, cookie perfection!
- 115g butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 225g Proper Nutty peanut butter
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 175g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g dark chocolate chopped into chunks
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in the peanut butter (add a pinch of salt if using Nowt but Nuts) and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour and bicarbonate of soda and add this in 2 or 3 additions, beating until only just combined.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop or dollop the mixture – approx. 50-60g mixture per cookie – placed 3” apart onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 160ºC (140ºC fan) for 15-18 mins or until the edges are golden and the centres barely cooked*
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking trays for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*To ensure a soft, chewy cookie, the trick is to slightly underbake them. Makes 16-18 cookies