· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Peanut Butter Jammy Dodgers
A Proper Nutty twist on a family favourite! You could even sandwich these biscuits together with jam AND peanut butter if you want them even more nutty!
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g butter (softened)
- 125g Proper Nutty peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (medium)
- 250g plain flour
- 100g jam
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light & fluffy.
- Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla extract and egg.
- Add the flour and mix until combined into a dough. Knead gently.
- Wrap dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for 20 mins.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 3-4mm (thickness of £1 coin).
- Cut out biscuits using a 6cm cutter and cut out a shape or hole from the centre of half of these biscuits using a smaller cutter.
- Carefully place the biscuits onto baking trays lined with baking paper and bake at 180ºC (160ºC fan) for 8-12 mins until very pale golden.
- Leave on baking trays to firm up for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- To assemble, put a teaspoon of jam onto the top of a whole biscuit and then top with a cut-out biscuit and press together lightly.
- Keep the unfilled biscuits in an airtight container, they are best if you assemble them just before serving.
Makes approx. 28 filled biscuits