· By Simon Greenwood-Haigh
Peanut Butter and Banana Bread
This is a great way to use up any over-ripe bananas. A slice (or two!) of this loaf is delicious with a cup of tea or coffee or as a treat added to lunchboxes.
- 100g butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 140g Proper Nutty Peanut Butter
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 100g wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana sliced lengthways for the top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan).
- Line a 900g/2lb loaf tin (approx. 8x4” / 9x5") with baking paper.
- Beat the butter & sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, mixing well.
- Add the mashed bananas, peanut butter & vanilla extract and mix.
- Fold in the flour & baking powder until just mixed.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tin & smooth the top.
- If using, push the sliced banana halves lightly into top of the mixture, sprinkle them with a little sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting into slices.